Thursday, 18 June 2015

Task - 7 Evaluation

My final product, the comic strip, didn't turn out as good as I wanted. I originally planned for it to be ten pages long but I had to shorten it to five due to time constraints, I also wanted to ink it with a fine-liner but again, I didn't have the time to do so. I had to shorten it because proportions when drawing people takes time to get right sometimes, in this case some of the angles I decided to draw my characters from made it difficult but if I had changed those it would've meant moving all of the panels around to fit the new angle.

As just a pencil drawing the comic's first few pages look great but you can see in the last two pages that I had to rush it. The first two pages are the best of the five that I made, I spent more time on those than I did on any of the other pages. The line art in most of the pages is great, the last page however, doesn't look as appealing. 

The story isn't as fun and interesting as it would have been if I didn't have to cut it short, but it still has a few fun jokes in the dialogue and a few funny moments that occur in the comic. I think the story would've been better if I had the time to make the story as long as I'd planned. Time with this project was a huge problem as I had to focus on other units just as much as this one, sometimes more.

Overall the comic could have been better but given the time I had to make it, but given the quality of most of the pages I think the comic came out rather well.  If I were to make this again I would do as much as I could to make it as long as I originally wanted as well as inking the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment